Ansible role to apply system wide configuration.
This role can take multiple git repository URLs and clone each repository to the / (root) directory of the system.
This role performs the following actions:
- Ensure the requirements are installed.
- Ensure the current user can obtain administrative (root) permissions.
- Update the apt cache.
- Ensure dependencies are installed.
- If the system_skeleton variable is defined, clone the git repositories listed on it into /.
- If the configuration variable is defined, clone the git system repositories listed on it into /.
This role do not expand files or URLs by default because the most common case is to specify URLs that points directly to a skeleton repository, so the default behaviour for this role is to treat file paths and URLs as plain text.
You can change the default behaviour by:
- Setting the expand variable to true.
- Add to an item the attribute item_expand setted to true.